Etched into the stone over the entrance are the words:
Enter here those who seek for a Sanctuary from the darknessand you will find your peace.
All players joining us should hold themselves to certain standards. We believe first and foremost that Sanctuary members should always show respect towards each other and their fellow players. To that end, the following guidelines should be met by all Sanctuary members while they are on official forums, guild or kinship forums, chat channels, voice comms, or in private tells.:
- Sanctuary members will have fun and not prevent others from having fun. Any member caught not having fun, taking themselves too seriously, or being too straight-laced will be immediately subjected to an endless string of poorly re-enacted Monty Python sketches and hackneyed limericks involving their parentage (and possibly disciplined officially as well).
- Sanctuary members will refrain from any and all obscenities, vulgarities, swearing, racial epithets, or other forms of foul or offensive language in forums, guild and public chat, ventrilo and other voice comms.
- Sanctuary members will not flame, troll, belittle, or criticize in any manner other than a constructive manner. A "constructive manner" is defined as that which has the other individual's best interest at heart and usually comes with an offer of help. Being offensive, attacking, and/or threatening to an individual is not tolerated.
- Sanctuary members will always abide by the Code of Conduct and EULA and show deference and respect to all moderators and GMs. Disciplinary action on official sites will result in disciplinary action within Sanctuary.
- Sanctuary members will not harass, criticize, or hinder any individual who chooses to RP the game experience. Members are not required to role-play, but should avoid actions which may break immersion for (and thereby remove the fun from) another player who is.
Guidelines for Role-play
We do not require members to role-play, but we encourage anyone interested in it to participate. We in Sanctuary will do everything we can to help you learn how to RP in such a way that is fun and interesting for you and those around you. If you choose to RP with us, there are certain things which will help keep all the members of Sanctuary together in their stories. In addition to the guidelines above which apply to all members of Sanctuary, role-playing members will also adhere to the following:
- Character backstories and their names will not have any direct relation to established characters in copyrighted media. Part of being able to role-play is coming up with convincing, interesting, original character ideas.
- Character concepts will be as close to established lore as possible. Players should be open and willing to changing their character stories as needed to coincide with established storylines in our games.
- Sanctuary members will not criticize any other individual's characters any way besides constructively. Constructive criticism is defined above.
- Characters that are members of Sanctuary will not have open hostilities towards other races. Teasing, playing, and expected racial qualities are all right. Outright ostracizing of other races is not.
- Sanctuary characters (and players) in good-aligned factions should look for ways to aid their fellow residents of the world they are immersed in - even and especially perfect strangers.
- When playing characters in an evil-aligned faction please bear in mind that you, the player and member of Sanctuary, are still required to behave in a respectful way towards other players and members.